Development of an Intelligent decision support System for smArt VITiculture.
As a member of an international consortium, Seacon Europe has been funded under the Eurostars program to develop a smart decision support solution in the field of viticulture.
The goal of the project is the implementation of a decision support system for in-site specific vineyard management based on a cloud IoT end-to-end viticulture solution that will integrate various traditional and novel sensors (weather stations, Very High Resolution satellite (VHR), Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), portable biosensors).
It includes an advanced analytical engine, including cutting edge approach to artificial intelligence techniques and blockchain technologies, for the processing, modelling and securing of the collected data and their conversion in useful knowledge through the specific smart applications.
Corresponding web and mobile interfaces for the visualization of results and recommendations by viticulturist will be also generated keeping in mind an easy understanding and usability.
Grape growers and wine producer’s interests will be put at the centre of the development and co-creation approaches will be used for achieving it.
This main objective could be broken down in the next specific objectives
- Implementation and integration of multisensor platform:
- Weather platform
- Novel biosensors to determine the health status of the grapes and the presence of pesticides
- VHR Satellite and UAV imagery for large scale mapping and real-time predictions of vine and grape quality with remote sensing biophysical index and comparative algorithms
- Soil sensors to track eg. humidity, conductivity
- Development of intelligent modules and software components to establish potential correlations between collected data and other data sets available online
- Development and validation of the IoT platform as a smart decision support system by transferring knowledge and recommendations to farmers
- Development of Blockchain for traceability of vine products
- Final demonstration in real viticulture